ICWE 2008 - Call for Tutorial Proposals
ICWE2008 invites proposals for tutorials that will provide conference participants with the opportunity
to gain knowledge and insights in a broad range of Web Engineering areas. Participants at the tutorials
include researchers, scientists and practitioners who are seeking to gain a better understanding of the
technologies, methodologies, tools, and techniques used to develop and maintain Web-based applications.
A one-page summary of the accepted tutorials will be included in the conference proceedings.
Proposed tutorials can be either 1.5 or 3 hours long. Tutorial proposals should address issues related
to the topics of the conference. Topics not mentioned in the general conference list are also encouraged
as long as they are of special interest and relevance to ICWE2008.
- Tutorial title
- Tutorial abstract: 1-2 paragraphs describing the contents and goals of the tutorial to be included in the conference registration materials.
- Intended length: 1.5 or 3 hours.
- Description of the tutorial providing the scope (general topic area) and depth of the proposal, as well as its aims and learning outcomes.
- Intended audience and their assumed background/knowledge.
- Presenter(s) contact information: name, affiliation, email, and optionally mailing address, phone and FAX numbers.
- Presenter(s) short biography demonstrating that she/he is an expert on the subject of the tutorial to be included in the conference registration materials.
- Relevant references
- If the proposed tutorial has been given previously, indicate where the tutorial has been given and how it will be modified for ICWE2008.
- Sample slides of the proposed tutorial, if available.
Proposals must be submitted electronically by March 15, 2008 to the Tutorial Chair in PDF format.
For additional questions or clarifications please feel free to contact the ICWE2008 Tutorial Chair.
- Tutorial submission deadline: March 15, 2008
- Notification of acceptance: April 1, 2008
- Tutorial camera-ready copy deadline: April 19, 2008
ICWE 2008 Tutorials Chair
Bebo White, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC), USA
Tutorial Submission Instructions
Questions and submissions should be directed to the ICWE2008 Tutorials Chair:
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC)
Menlo Park, CA USA
Presenters of accepted tutorials will be required to prepare a one-page summary of the tutorial by the
camera-ready copy deadline to be included in the IEEE CS Press proceedings of the
conference. The summary must
strictly adhere to the IEEE CS Press formatting style guidelines using 8.5" x 11", Two-Columns
format and must include a printable final (camera ready) version file and all source files.
No changes to such formatting rules are permitted. Presenters of accepted tutorials must also
download and sign a copyright form that will be made available on the Web site of the
conference. Furthermore, presenters should also make the slides available to the ICWE
participants, either in hardcopy form or on-line.